CUSTOMERS define value. We provide that value.
Be faithful, authentic, and truthful to our CUSTOMERS and to ourselves. Always respect the people we serve.
As a young Foundry Supervisor, I learned that there was nothing more important than the Safety of my employees. My employees were my responsibility; thus, Safety was personal! I still believe you must make Safety “Personal”. What I mean is Safety must be something all employees own. How do we do that?
- Zero Injury World-Class Safety Management Systems
- Behavioral Based Safety (BBS) Systems
- Employee Engaged Safety Teams
- Safety Compliance (OSHA or State Program).
- Expert Safety Training
- Comprehensive Guarding and Protection Systems
In my vast experience working in “Personnel” and “HR” I have always worked with a people based philosophy. A harmonious workforce is crucial in today’s business world. My approach to HR has always been with that in mind. How do we do that?
- Recruit and hire the very best candidates we can find. Everyone would say that, but with my experience, I know what good managers do, especially middle managers and supervisors.
- Give the tools that employees need to be harmonious. Examples:
- Harassment Training
- Labor Relations (Union and Non-Union Cultures)
- Involve as many people as possible in the selection process. This
includes selection and interview skills.
- Human Resources Policies and Procedures that relate well with those
In modern manufacturing or any business, good competent managers are more important than ever! The struggle for a harmonious workforce often is won or lost out in the departments or on the plant floor. To lead that effort you need skilled, competent, people-oriented supervisors and middle managers. Leadership Training is one of my passions for these leaders. I have the experience, training, and education to make your supervisors world-class! Supervisors, your employees will be proud to have you leading their teams. How do we do that?
- Thorough needs assessment.
- Custom Leadership Development program for your organization.
- Always include communication and people skills. In training do role-playing.
- Instill pride in Leadership and the profession of leading others!
- End of training assessment prepared and given to you.
- Follow up training as needed.
I have been told by several people that I am a great story teller. I have had some great experiences and some that were very trying. One example is that I faced the Grimm Reaper twice and stared him down both times! One day he will win the stare down, but so be it! Most importantly I am not afraid one bit! I have developed a proactive, whimsical, and decisive Motivational Speaking style on a variety of subjects that I am always eager to display. I particularly am excited to talk to groups on a variety of topics, my two favorites are Depression and Fear, which for me is almost the same.
Who is Fitz?
With a name like Fitzgerald, I was always “Fitz” to my friends. When I was a kid I preferred “Tommy” but the “Fitz” always stuck no matter what I did. I finally came to embrace it. There may be other “Toms”, but to my friends, but there is only one Fitz!
At heart, I am a people guy. That is why I majored in “Personnel” and Management in College, I wanted to work with people so I chose a career from my roots, manufacturing, where both my parents worked and I did through college. I have been a successful Supervisor to Plant Manager on the Ops. side. Employment Supervisor, Safety Manager, to Human Resources Manager on the HR side. Through all this, I have always kept my fondness for and guardianship of all the employees in my organization at the core of my professional life. Personally, I am a proud husband, father and grandfather! Just ask and I will show you pictures! I love to play basketball, and spend time with people, including dogs especially my Golden Retriever, Izzo! Finally, you guessed it, I am a proud Spartan! I pray you are proud of what you are too!
I would welcome an opportunity to assist your organization. I am pleased to offer a free initial consultation
on any issue on the phone or through a visit by me to your facility!